- January 11, 2019
- Posted by: p mulee
Here are the members including five who have been retained from his former cabinet.
1. Lucia Mulwa – CECM Education, Youth Gender Sports Culture and Social services
2. Stella Bosire Otieno – CECM Health Docket
3. Winfred Gathangu– CECM Finance and Economic Planning
4. Pauline Kahiga Waititu – CECM Devolution
5. Sanjeev Kaur Sonia Birdi – CECM Environment
6. Charles Kerich – CECM Land, Urban planning , Urban renewal and Housing
7. Mohamed Dagane – CECM Roads and Infrastructure
8. Allan Igambi – CECM Trade, Tourism and Co-operatives
9. Larry Wambua – CECM Agriculture and Water Docket
10 Newton Munene – CECM ICT, Communications and eGovernment
Sonko revealed that he had forwarded the list, containing five new CECs and five others who he reassigned, to the County Assembly for vetting and approval.
Ms Mulwa was promoted from her position as the county Chief Officer of education while Dr Bosire was the Medical superintendent in Kiambu hospital.
Ms Kathangu was the Chief Officer of Finance and Economic Planning.
Making the announcement, Sonko warned that he won’t entertain laxity in his administration praising the five he retained for upholding good governance.
“Niko na mawaziri watano wale nimeretain…tumefanya kazi mzuri…so watu wajiulize kwa nini hawa sina shida na wao…ni mtu mmoja, wawili watatu kwa sababu nilisema sitakubali uzembe na sitakubali ufisadi (I have five CECs that I have retained…we have worked well…so people should ask themselves why I haven’t had wrangles with them..it is just one, two or three people because I vowed not to entertain laxity and corruption),” stated Sonko.